Hogwarts Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• after the war
The Battle of Hogwarts took place just months ago and with it, the end of Voldemort's second reign of terror. Magical creatures are scarcely found around the United Kingdom and Muggleborns are nearly depleted in numbers. Purebloods are almost just as bad off, as it would seem Halfbloods survived the best in odds.

After much debate with the new Ministry of Magic, new classes have been added and some old ones removed. The school has finally reopened after months of rebuilding, and students will return to hopefully rekindle the magical school to its former glory. Hogwarts will never be the same again, or will it? The new generation of students have arrived. The year 1998 will hopefully be a better year than the past few.

IMPORTANT LINKS
The Rules
The Sorting Hat
House Limitations
The Claims
New? Click here!!

• the staff
Head Admin : Primesge
Deputy Admin: Ian

Head of Slytherin: Primus
Head of Ravenclaw: CatinHat
Head of Gryffindor: Chesire
Head of Hufflepuff: Modball

• motms
MEMBERS OF THE MONTH CODING HERE.

(Since a month hasn't passed yet, I'll just put up a coming soon sort of ensemble.)

• affiliates

• terms and services
COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Darcy Cody

2 posters

Go down

Darcy Cody Empty Darcy Cody

Post by Darcy Harlow Cody Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:37 pm

DARCY HARLOW CODY

COMPLETED PROFILE: DARCY CODY

PREFERRED OCCUPATION: HERBOLOGY PROF.

RESUME

1. With a minimum of 100 words, how would you describe yourself?

I overcome. I take a problem and work out how to solve it. I do not give up until it is solved. I learned as a child to accept what I cannot change but always strive to change what I can. I am shy but I have learned over time to subdue that. I am not that talkative but I do not find that a problem as I say what I feel needs to be said when essential. I have quirks like I find the working of a criminals mind fascinating. I also have a rather gothic style of dressing. However I have learned to keep that part of my personality to myself when working. I am trustworthy too because I know what it feels like to be rejected or betrayed so I never want someone else to feel like that. I am dedicated to plants and animals because sometimes I like them better than people. 

2. When are you more alert; morning or night?

Morning. I like the point in the day when everyone is just waking up. The sun is fresh and new. Lots of interesting and diverse animals are up and about. Alertness is still in the air and no-one is flagging or bored with the day yet. Early hours are especially good for flying, animals and plants. The air is cool with dew even on hot days and the darkness is gone, the day is only going to get lighter and brighter. 

3. Would you consider yourself as a quiet, calm person or an active person?

More quite and calm, but by that I do not mean lazy. I like to take each task at a steady pace and do things one by one. I don't like rushing around and hectically ending up making a mess of things. I am active in sports but that is the only area really. 

4. What were you like as a child and teen?

Well,to be honest I was resentful and angry as a child. My family never really made me feel at home. I always hated that. However by the time I was a teenager I had got over this. I was a morbid child with a fascination with darkness. I also loved animals. I spent most of my time with my animals. I collected spiders amongst other animals. I hasten to note I was never mean or horrible as a child. Just different from other children. I spent my time on the pitch but also with my pet animals and in the greenhouse in our garden and then at Hogwarts. Animals and plants could be loved with all the love I didn't give my parents. Furthermore herbology and care of animals was never my mothers strong suit. So I could make my own mark and be myself and not be a copy of her. 

5. What is your idea of a dream job here at Hogwarts? What would you do in that job? How much would you make? (Be very specific and detailed here)

Well according to my research - I asked my sister Alice who is married to a muggle - a muggle teacher makes 2900 a year when they first start out - in the UK. Therefore I suppose it must be possible to live comfortable off the magical equivalent of 4580 gallons a year. However not being an expert of magical salaries and just wanting enough to get by I am willing to except less. Now we have that out the way onto the actual job. My dream job would be Herbology Professor. Taking all my knowledge and love of plants and sharing it with the next generation seems like something I would love to do. I used to dream of it when I was child. I used to take my toys and introduce them to the plants and animals around my garden and then 'test them' after. What would I do in that job - well it would entail providing a safe and nurturing environment where children could grow, learn and develop. It would involve introducing the class to plants, teaching them about them, providing activities to help them learn and then finally after a few lessons testing the children in an interactive fashion to make sure they are learning. Safety comes first but the lessons must be both safe and fun. I want to be able to teach so students actually want to be there - though I know not everyone is going to love Herbology or be good at it. It should be a broad and varied education for people of all levels. With both dangerous and tame animals introduced. 

6. You're stranded on an island with no magical or muggle means to get out; what do you do?

Firstly walk as much around the Island as possible to be able to make a survey of the lands layout. Secondly then work out which animals are likely to be on the Island based on climate and vegetation and therefore know where is most safe. When this is worked out use whatever is available to form a shelter. This done then find food using your knowledge of plants to work out what is poisonous and what is not. Then use stones, no Island is going to have zero stones, to form a basin to put the food in for protection. Then use stones to write a message that can be seen from the sky in some open or flat space somewhere in the Island. Then locate a source of water that can be channeled or somehow carried to your place of shelter. This should provide enough for a few days survival while you await rescue or come up with plan B. 

7. Would you ever consider putting your life on the line for your work?

I technically am putting my life on the line just doing the job at all. Magical plants can be more unpredictable and dangerous than muggle plants. However if you mean in any other form then yes I would be willing.

8. What do you think of the Battle of Hogwarts and the history of Voldemort's second reign?

It is hard to discuss it. I was left for dead during that battle. I almost did die. My sister saved my life basically. I almost rejected the wizarding world. However the fact remains everything happens for a reason even something as horrific as what that monster did. Power in the wrong hands is deadly. Death for no reason is senseless tragedy. All those cliches are so true. That was a dark time in history but it can be used to move on and build a better future. That war made and broke people. It showed the truth in people. It showed the real side of people. 

9. What do you think of students?

They deserve the chance to create that better future. We had our chance and now they should have theirs. Students should be given the benefit of the doubt and everyone should be treated equally. Not every student will be good at the subject I love but everyone of them will be good at something. So each one should be allowed to realize that talent. 

10. What subject at Hogwarts is your favorite?

Herbology was my favourite subject with Care of Magical Creatures a close second. People might be surprised because of how much quidditch meant to me. Quidditch however was just a hobby, though a good hobby, and not a life plan. Herbology was my life plan from my first year at Hogwarts. Actually from the first time I owned my own venus fly trap. But lesson wise from my first year. 

Darcy Harlow Cody
Darcy Harlow Cody
Professor

Professor

Herbology Prof.

Back to top Go down

Darcy Cody Empty Re: Darcy Cody

Post by Casey Aldridge Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm

congratulations!

You have been accepted as the HERBOLOGY professor. Now you're a few steps away from finally being able to be the wizard/witch you were supposed to be. All you have to do is complete the following and you're good to go: 

FACE CLAIMS | PURCHASE YOUR WAND | PURCHASE YOUR PET

Casey Aldridge
Casey Aldridge
1st year

1st year

Darcy Cody Ravenc11
Darcy Cody Admin10

https://hogwartsprime.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum