Hogwarts Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• after the war
The Battle of Hogwarts took place just months ago and with it, the end of Voldemort's second reign of terror. Magical creatures are scarcely found around the United Kingdom and Muggleborns are nearly depleted in numbers. Purebloods are almost just as bad off, as it would seem Halfbloods survived the best in odds.

After much debate with the new Ministry of Magic, new classes have been added and some old ones removed. The school has finally reopened after months of rebuilding, and students will return to hopefully rekindle the magical school to its former glory. Hogwarts will never be the same again, or will it? The new generation of students have arrived. The year 1998 will hopefully be a better year than the past few.

IMPORTANT LINKS
The Rules
The Sorting Hat
House Limitations
The Claims
New? Click here!!

• the staff
Head Admin : Primesge
Deputy Admin: Ian

Head of Slytherin: Primus
Head of Ravenclaw: CatinHat
Head of Gryffindor: Chesire
Head of Hufflepuff: Modball

• motms
MEMBERS OF THE MONTH CODING HERE.

(Since a month hasn't passed yet, I'll just put up a coming soon sort of ensemble.)

• affiliates

• terms and services
COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Finnigan Foxfire

3 posters

Go down

Finnigan Foxfire Empty Finnigan Foxfire

Post by Finnigan Foxfire Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 pm

full name

COMPLETED PROFILE: [url=URL TO PROFILE HERE]FINNIGAN[/url]

PREFERRED OCCUPATION: Professor of Divination 

RESUME

1. With a minimum of 100 words, how would you describe yourself?

I am a serious-minded bloke, not given to jokes or frivilous behavior (although, truth be told, it's just because I'm not a "funny guy" myself - I do love watching the joke being put on someone else, though!) I've seen a lot of things in the world that worry me, even if those things are only mostly in my head and in my dreams. I tend to live inside my head; I'm an entrenched introvert and it can be a little difficult to draw me out. I enjoy teaching, although it's quite difficult "teaching" my gifts to others. Mostly, I settle for sharing my wide knowledge of the arcane with others and leave it at that. In the rare instance that I run across another budding Seer or potential student of Divination, I'll go a little further into things. But, that's rare and I usually reserve my ability to See things to myself. If I could, I would simply pass myself off as an ordinary wizard; the ability to See can be full of hidden pressue, even when people don't think you're a fraud. The pressure to "perform" is constant - those who don't believe in you, expect you to See with a snap of their fingers to prove you're the real deal; people who do believe in you often expect the same thing, for precisely the same reason. But, I digress.  I believe in the unexplained, the supernatural, the unSeen. I'm quiet and prefer my books and study to people; that's not to say I don't like people, but I've found that I unnerve even the best of them and I've learned from the hurts in my youth to stay to myself, else I get hurt again. I'm solitary - a lone wolf. And I wish I could say that I like it that way...but the truth of the matter is, I would rather be around people I trust, quietly, than alone to my own self.

2. When are you more alert; morning or night?

Morning.

3. Would you consider yourself as a quiet, calm person or an active person?

I am a quiet, calm person. I don't get ruffled easily and I'm slow to anger. I prefer to sit and study, although I do like to be outside as much as possible. Getting out, gets me outside of myself and I enjoy the beauty of nature. I even enjoy the occassional interaction with the people I meet, though it's hard for me to intiate anything further just passing pleasantries.

4. What were you like as a child and teen?

When I was a child, I was full of enthusiasm and high spirits. The world was an open canvas and I was it's artist - no, really, I wanted to be an artist. When I hit 13, though, I started to get strange "feelings" - premonitions, they called it. I even had a vision or two, of things - horrible things - that came true. Of course, at the time, I didn't know any better, so I didn't keep those things to myself. I wish now, that I had. I lost a lot of friends - mostly, because people just thought I was a fraud, trying to get attention for reasons they could never quite articulate. I became withdrawn as a teenager and that's when my bookish ways begain. I found that books, study, and my own private thoughts were often far better company than the harrassment of strangers.

5. What is your idea of a dream job here at Hogwarts? What would you do in that job? How much would you make? (Be very specific and detailed here)

My dream job at Hogwarts is as the Divination Professor. I would teach students the theories of Tarot, tea reading, I-Ching, animal symbolism, runes, and astrology. I would teach them how to determine things on their own and see patterns even if they don't even have the Sight themselves. For those who are more advanced, I would teach the basics of crystal ball reading and the greater complexities of tarot reading. For the truly advanced, I would teach them to trust their intuitions, recognized when they were having premonitions, and help them understand the confusing aftermath of a vision. I'm not interested in how much I make, although I would like to make enough to be comfortable in my position. Mostly, I would like to be the Divination professor that I could teach students to avoid passing on the stigma so often attached to being a Seer (let's face it, only the great ones surpass even the most superficial scrutiny and only after years of persecution and doubt by others) and I would teach those who have the Sight how to be confident in their gifts. In other words, I would like to provide for future Hogwarts students, what I was not able to have myself.

6. You're stranded on an island with no magical or muggle means to get out; what do you do?

I would adapt to my surroundings and try not to starve - or, get eaten by the locals. Truthfully, I have no idea what I'd do, but I would try to make the best of it and survive for as long as I could.

7. Would you ever consider putting your life on the line for your work?

Yes. Especially if it meant the safety of my students and fellow Hogwarts staff.

8. What do you think of the Battle of Hogwarts and the history of Voldemort's second reign?

I believe the history of Voldemort's second reign was a blight on the history of Magic as a whole. I am no supporter of Voldemort, having seen - in many unpleasant, personal visions - just how much death and destruction he wrought. I myself, also, know from first hand experience, how much suffering he caused in his wake, in his quest to "cleanse" the Wizarding world of half-bloods and Muggleborns. I believe that the Battle of Hogwarts was a valiant defense of what was right and good; despite the many that were lost during the battle, I believe it was a necessary stand that had to be made against Voldemort and his followers. If anything, I see Hogwarts as a bastion of all that's the very best in the Wizarding world.

9. What do you think of students?

I'm a first-time teacher, so I'm not exactly sure what to think of students. I'm a little apprehensive of them, since I know how much my year used to make fun of our Divination professor. But, for the most part, I look forward to meeting the students of Hogwarts and perhaps being something of a mentor to them. Or, at least, not half as weird as their previous Divination professors.

10. What subject at Hogwarts is your favorite?

Besides Divination? Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. There's something nice about surrounding one's self with beings that don't talk back (mostly). Although, I could do without dragons, hippogriffs, or things that, in general, would prefer to tear my face off. In that regard, I definitely like Herbology best. Except for mandrakes....

Finnigan Foxfire
Finnigan Foxfire
Pending

Pending

Finnigan Foxfire Unsort11

Back to top Go down

Finnigan Foxfire Empty Re: Finnigan Foxfire

Post by Casey Aldridge Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:51 pm

We need your profile link and where it says full name, put your characters full name please.
Casey Aldridge
Casey Aldridge
1st year

1st year

Finnigan Foxfire Ravenc11
Finnigan Foxfire Admin10

https://hogwartsprime.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primesge Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 pm

In order to have your profile approve, please make the changes mentioned above and reply here that you've made the changes. Thank you.
Primesge
Primesge

Finnigan Foxfire Admin10

https://hogwartsprime.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum