Hogwarts Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• after the war
The Battle of Hogwarts took place just months ago and with it, the end of Voldemort's second reign of terror. Magical creatures are scarcely found around the United Kingdom and Muggleborns are nearly depleted in numbers. Purebloods are almost just as bad off, as it would seem Halfbloods survived the best in odds.

After much debate with the new Ministry of Magic, new classes have been added and some old ones removed. The school has finally reopened after months of rebuilding, and students will return to hopefully rekindle the magical school to its former glory. Hogwarts will never be the same again, or will it? The new generation of students have arrived. The year 1998 will hopefully be a better year than the past few.

IMPORTANT LINKS
The Rules
The Sorting Hat
House Limitations
The Claims
New? Click here!!

• the staff
Head Admin : Primesge
Deputy Admin: Ian

Head of Slytherin: Primus
Head of Ravenclaw: CatinHat
Head of Gryffindor: Chesire
Head of Hufflepuff: Modball

• motms
MEMBERS OF THE MONTH CODING HERE.

(Since a month hasn't passed yet, I'll just put up a coming soon sort of ensemble.)

• affiliates

• terms and services
COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Headmasters never sleep (OPEN)

3 posters

Go down

Headmasters never sleep (OPEN) Empty Headmasters never sleep (OPEN)

Post by Aidan Turner Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Aidan slept very little since becoming headmaster. How Headmaster Dumbledore (whose portrait was situated the closest to his desk with Headmaster Snape and all too pleased to give him advice on any matter he needed) could perform such frivolous tasks with great ease. He was slowly becoming quite ragged with how often he found himself in this bloody office. He'd fixed it up after being appointed Headmaster of Hogwarts. Most of Dumbledore's trinkets remained, but he'd added his own from travelling before his niece and nephews were born. Pictures of Roz and her brothers were on the shelf above the neatly aligned books on many different subjects. The items to separate him from others before might be the Healers items that were on the shelf as well. Potions and other things decorated the remaining empty spots. Fawkes was no longer around, replaced by his own companion.

Looking at the stack of parchment paper needing his approval, the man groaned as he seated himself back into the --at least-- comfortable office chair. He scratched at his arm slightly before shaking his wrist out to ease the cramp. Picking the quill back up, he set to signing away on something that needed his approval for... new cauldrons? Blimey, this was not how he wanted to spend his days. Glancing at the rest of the stack, he sighed. He might as well ask a house elf to deliver his tea now before he never ate.

A sharp knock on his door alerted him to a visitor and he didn't bother to check to see who it is was. Merely calling a "Come in! Doors unlocked!" he went back to scribbling on the parchment before him.

"How can I help you?" he asked, not bothering to look up.
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Headmasters never sleep (OPEN) Headma10

Back to top Go down

Headmasters never sleep (OPEN) Empty Re: Headmasters never sleep (OPEN)

Post by Caius Thrussington Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:50 pm

“Well, sir, you could take a break and perhaps have some tea?”

Caius Thrussington entered the office quietly, a softly steaming black teapot in hand. Era was at his side, meowing almost respectfully towards Aidan as her tail waved. The professor approached his desk quietly, wearing a dressing robe over his pajamas, gold houseshoes silent on the floor.

“How many nights has it been since you slept well, Headmaster? You look exhausted...I am sorry to bother you this late, but the portraits were whispering you were awake still yet, so I figured you might like some company in this quiet night.” Caius nodded softly, concern etched in his slightly aged face; it made the scar more prominent. “I can leave if you like, of course, sir.”
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor & Head of Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:09 pm

"Hmm?" The headmaster finally tore his eyes away from the paper to look up. "Oh. Caius. I'd love to take a break, dearly, but if I want any freedom this weekend for other plans then I'm going to have to keep filling this out while I chat with you. Hope you don't mind." Aidan returned his eyes to the paper and tired eyes continued reading about the need for cauldrons before he finally finished signing and turned that paper into the growing stack of signed parchments.

"Perhaps three days?" he answered as he turned to read through a staff's notes on one of the students in their class behaving absurdly. "Those portraits gossip about me more than should be allowed. The portraits in here never cease to amaze me with their chatter, but thankfully they're slumbering tonight. The company is appreciated from you, nevertheless." He signed his name at the bottom of the report, noting that it'd been read. He then moved a piece of memo parchment to write a reply to the professor which he set aside to send off later.

"How goes your lesson plans for the term?" he conversed, writing down on the memo as he talked.
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:19 pm

“Well, I can at least keep you company as you work.” He smiled, drawing a chair over to his desk to sit across it from him. “You have other plans? Good, I only ever see you doing paperwork. Surely there's an end to it all...”

He paused, frowning worriedly at that. “You know you need to stay healthy for us...if not yourself, then perhaps the staff....or those darling children.” He was gazing idly at the photos of Roz and her brothers, they were on the shelves and his desk – a sweetly smiling girl, a sour big boy and a giggling little boy. “Are they yours, Headmaster? That little girl, she's in my house....isn't her name....?” Turner too...Rosie, something like that....

“Ah, my lessons are quite ready, I believe. I'm excited to start teaching, I look forward towards working with the students. I've yet to acquire a boggart for our third years to practice with, but I have heard we have one who haunts the staff room. I shall set about transferring it to a chest posthaste.” He winced, settling the teapot on the table.
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 pm

Aidan set the memo aside and pulled forth another parchment to fill out. He reached a hand up and idly scratched at the side of his eye. They were pulsing, which irritated him. Deciding to finally give rest to at least reading for a moment or two, he set his gaze onto Professor Thrussington, his head of Hufflepuff and Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. "I do have other plans. My brother asked me to help him and I agreed. Hopefully I have time to keep that promise." he replied, standing up from his chair to stretch and retrieve a book he needed to look through for one of the paperwork pieces. He reached the book shelf and flipped it open, scanning for the needed info when he heard the question. He turned to see the pictures in question and smiled.

"Not mine, I'm afraid," he replied, bringing the book to his desk. "My niece and nephews. Yes, Roz is in your house now. Loyal as anything, always hard working too. She's a jewel, Caius. You'll definitely enjoy having her in your house." He honestly couldn't keep the proud note out of his voice at that. Setting the book on his desk, he sat beside Caius to pour himself a cup. A minute or two having a cup wouldn't hurt.

"Yes, I heard there was one in the staff room. Feel free to grab at that one... I say, what sort of tea is in this, Caius? Never tasted this sort." He smacked his lips, frowning as he tried to figure out its flavor.
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:36 pm

He nodded softly, frowning worriedly. “Rest a little, will you, Headmaster? It is sort of necessary, you know.” Caius scolded softly, gentle. He blinked as he mentioned his brother. “Ah yes, Emmett – wasn't he a Hufflepuff too? I remember him, a few years younger than us.” He chuckled softly. “How's the lad doing? Though I guess he's no lad anymore, but a grown man...

“Oh, they're Emmett's then? Wow. They're cute kids.” He grinned. “Roz, huh. I'll keep an eye on her I'm sure she'll be good as you say, Headmaster. All the kids seem great this year, I'm excited.” He couldn't help but smile warmly, he was so -proud- it was sweet. He nodded, conjuring up cups for them, though he just held his in his hands for the moment, enjoying the warmth.

“I shall then. Oh, it's a special blend I make with peppermint and chamomile – perks and relaxs at once, very good for the stomach and throat....though it seems you need some aid with your eyes,” he noted softly.
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:46 pm

"Resting is for those who have time," he chuckled, shaking his head though he was wistful of sleeping. He simply couldn't with what all still needed his marks. "Yeah, Em was a Hufflepuff. I never forgot teasing him as we attended Hogwarts." He smiled slightly as he spoke, letting loose a small yawn that he quickly covered with the back of his hand.

"Peppermint and chamomile, you say? You'll have to make this more often." He hummed, finishing off the cup and standing. He stretched his back to ease the ache of sitting for hours on end before he moved back to his desk to continue his paperwork. "Aid with my eyes? What would be your suggestion?" he asked absentmindedly as he jotted down his name on the end of a documentation for how many house elves were employed by Hogwarts. The next one demanded payment for the delivery of food to the school. He tapped his quill.

"Hand me that book on the far corner by the door, will you please?" he asked Caius, writing down the amount and needing to find out the inventory list cost.
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 pm

“Resting is for all people, adult and children alike.” He chuckled back, shaking his head. “He was a good kid. Bet he's a good daddy too.” He watched quietly.

“Yes, I can make you some teabags....are you sore too?” He tilted his head softly, worried. Then he chuckled. “Frankly, sleep. But if not that, some drops would be good on the Muggle side.....but sleep would be best. You know, you could just make a stamp of your signature, stamp them all.” He suggested as he stood, heading to retrieve the book.
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:58 pm

"I suppose you're right," he conceded in terms of resting being for everyone. "I simply hadn't the time for resting." He laughed a little. "A grand father. Don't tell him I ever said that, however. I'll never hear the end of his gloating ways if he hears I think he's excellent at being a father." He yawned again, shaking his head to clear his mind.

"The teabags would be great, thank you," he accepted. "Yes, I do feel more sore than a man my age ever should. What drops would you suggest? I suppose I have potions from my days at Healing that could do the trick, but their side effects are seeing everything tenfold or sometimes being blind for a day." He did arch an eyebrow at the suggestion.

"I suppose that might work on few such as little notes, but ever since that blood war --excuse the language--, magical signatures are required to verify identity and not imposers. Minister regulation I suppose." he sighed, holding up his written on memo to show Caius the gleaming ink still drying. "My magic is integrated with the ink quill here. Only I can use it. This is so the Ministry doesn't worry about someone staging as the headmaster to a school of prospective children."
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:06 am

“I know....it's ridiculous, though, you do need to sleep.” He quietly refilled his tea with a little flick of his wrist. “I won't tell. I'll see it in Roz, I'm sure. Does her older brother go elsewhere?”

He nodded, standing and rolling his shoulder. “I can understand that indeed, Headmaster...perhaps you should use a warming spell on yourself? Also, there are drops I keep that are made just to wet and help soothe irritated eyes – flying often irritates mine,” he chuckled. “No sideeffects except maybe tears.”

“I know, but still....isn't that a little...overparanoid, to require so many signatures?” He frowned softly. “I know we're still in chaos....hopefully it will slow a little, people will calm. After all, it's over.”
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:14 am

"Her brother is a squib unfortunately. Dreadfully disliking of magic. The times I've looked after them while Em was at work showed that. He picked on Roz quite often. Hopefully something can change his mind before he ends up like many siblings out there." He returned his parchment to the desk and started on the next one that needed his attention. Ah. A statement to Gringotts for repairs. Lovely. He tried to think of the amount and quickly flicked through the billing list that he'd had Caius retrieve for him. Finding the correct number, he scribbled it down before continuing to look at the statement.

"Those drops of yours sounds like something I will have to try," he mused. "And yes, the curse of having this job when it just came out of destruction of property and structure. You wouldn't believe the summer I spent with the Minister trying to repair this school. It'll only slow when everything finishes it's initial need. Like this one." He chuckled as he held up the report that demanded for a new supply of parchment for the school. "Some ruddy bloke burned down the supply area when the battle happened. Haven't a foggiest why." He yawned again, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Mind pouring me another cup, Caius? Your tea is relaxing."
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:27 am

“Ah, yes, the Squib siblings....poor thing. I wonder what makes him hate it so? I just hope that he can still warm to his little sister.” He sighed....oh wow, he was still working. Really, Aidan?

“...Aidan. Seriously, you need to rest....sir.” They had been classmates, it was still odd to call him Headmaster. “And yes....I will get you those drops. I know what you mean...” Someday the chaos would fully finish, and peace would settle once again so Aidan could rest. So that all could rest, grow, learn...

“Of course I shall, Headmaster.” He brought over the tea cup, refilled. “Here you are....any time you like, I can bring you some. I often end up awake on chillier nights like this one, unable to sleep. I'm happy to bring up a cup~”
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:39 am

Running a hand through his hair tiredly and dressed in his robe, pajamas, and slippers, Rider made his way up to the Headmasters office. Sighing to himself, he yawned behind his hand, quite perturbed at having been awoken up by various screaming by boys and girls in his common room. He had rushed down the stairs, only to be greeted with a couple second years who had been doing some late night studying getting harassed by a multitude of ghosts. He had tried to shoo them away, to no avail, and he had grumbled to himself that they were worse than Peeves.

Making sure his Ravens got off to bed, telling each of them that they could study some other day, he tried talking to the ghosts again. They didn't refuse to talk to him, but they did refuse to leave. He had asked what would make them go, and they had responded that they would only leave if the Headmaster himself came into the common room and told them to go. Rider had glared up at the ghosts-or rather poltergeists-for a few seconds to see if they were being serious. To his extreme sarcastic pleasure, they were being entirely serious.

So here he was, standing before the Headmasters door in his pajamas, just wanting to get back to bed and get some sleep. Rapping quickly on the door with the back of his hand, Rider grasped the handle and opened it. "Sorry to disturb you, sir, but-oh. Caius! I see you are both busy. I didn't mean to intrude, of course, but I've a matter that'll need to be handled quickly."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Head of Ravenclaw & Transfig. Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 am

"Perhaps the fact their mother left because my brother and two of the three children bear magic," responded Aidan. "I hope so as well. I would hate to see Roz so upset, and I know that might break her heart if he never accepted her magic." He shook his head.

"I'll rest when this pile depletes, Caius," assured the former Ravenclaw. "Though you don't have to call me sir. You've known me since I was a scrawny 11-year-old boy." He scrawled his signature on another form and looked at the mentioned pile. Probably about three more hours worth of work in that pile, he noted. He glanced at the clock on his wall. Half past three in the morning. Hmmm... Sleeping wouldn't work if he finished at six. He had that meeting with the house elves to tell them their assignments by then.

"Thank you," he said as he took the cup and sipped at it. "Very much appreciated, this tea of yours. And the company at these late hours." He was about to continue when his Head of Ravenclaw professor entered the office. He blinked drowsily in reaction, having heard the knocks but not registering it until Rider English made his appearance.

"Right, right," he muttered unhappily. Guess he'd have to spend another hour on the paperwork if this matter took too long. That tea had relaxed him far too much. "How can I help you, Rider?"
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:55 am

Caius frowned worriedly. “...oh. Well, that's no good. I'm sorry to hear that....” He shook his head softly, saddened to hear that. “Hopefully it will work out well...”

“So in a week,” he shook his head. “It doesn't work that way, Aidan, and you know it.” He shook his head softly, smiling in disbelief. “Scrawny little boy who snuck out with me half those nights too. We're older now, we do need sleep...” yes, him included.

“No problem, I hoped you would like it.” He shook his head, then glanced to Rider. “Oh, hello, Rider. How are you this early morning? And what's this problem...?” He could help? Aidan looked like he was about to fall over...
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 am

Rider cast a quick smile over to Caius. The man was definitely one of his favorite people to talk to, despite being fourteen years his senior. Sometimes, Rider felt like the little kid among the elder Professors, but they didn't treat him as such, which he was grateful for. At the moment, however, the only thing that he was grateful for was that he wasn't the only one in some semblance of pajamas. He had wanted to get dressed, however, he was worried that the ghosts would go up and bother his Ravens instead of loitering in the common room waiting for some unfortunate soul. He had to get the matter straightened and quickly.

"It's good to see you, Caius. I wish I could say that I'm well, but it is not so. I'm sorry to bother you at such an hour, but I figured that perhaps you would be awake working on something. Thank Merlin I was correct in assuming this. About ten or so minutes ago, I was woken up to the screams of my Ravens while some were studying in the common room. Why they were up so late, I haven't the foggiest, but that's not the crux of the issue here. Some poltergeists have decided to house themselves in my common room. And they decided they weren't leaving, even when I told them so." Rider explained, crossing his arms. "No, they won't leave until the Headmaster himself comes and tells them to leave."

Dropping his arms, Rider placed a couple fingers to his forehead. Oh he was getting a headache already. And he had been sleeping so well too! "I'm afraid that they'll go up and wake my students if I don't return with you post haste. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to shoo them out of my common room and back to the haunts they normally frequent so that we can all get some well needed rest."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:13 am

"It'll work out, I promise you that Caius," chuckled Aidan. "This isn't the first week I've had to go without rest. My training week as a Healer was pretty rough. Not nearly as crazy as this, but it is what it is." He had to smile as he remembered quite the antics he'd done with Caius, the duo seeking to explore rather than cause pranks like the Gryffindor students tended to do.

Aidan sat up straighted at the second Rider said 'screams of my Ravens'. Dear heavens, what were those ghosts up to now? Admittedly some were new to the ghost world, having died at battle last year and returning as ghosts. He stood up, shuffling his papers to be slightly more straighter before making his way to the door. Admittedly he was a little more slower than he would have liked, but he did his best.

"Well, to get this matter settled before those deceased decide the alive need awakening." he joked as he made his way out the door, not looking back to see if he was followed. He walked for quite awhile, stopping to yawn or rub at his forehead as he did so. Eventually making it to the portrait guarding the Ravenclaws, he spoke the answer to the riddle (after much thinking. Sleep-deprivation tended to keep answers from you easily) and stepped in.

The ghosts were partying, quite the spectacle they made. Aidan cast a quite silencing spell around the room, should it wake the students slumbering for their classes the next day.

"Alright then. Listen here you lot," he spoke loudly. "Go party in an abandoned classroom, do not do so in the rooms that anyone who is sleeping (or otherwise trying to study) resides in. You will have to deal with me if you choose not to obey. Understand?" He kept his voice stern and was relieved when the ghosts grumbled but slid through the walls to continue their merry dancing later on.He sighed and turned out of the common room, but didn't get very far.

Utterly spent, he yawned mightily and leaned against the wall besides the common room. His eyes began to slide shut slowly.

"Really must sign... memo to... Roz ha..." he mumbled with disorientation.
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:21 am

Caius smiled warmly, gentle. “Of course. I remember Auror training. It's going to be all right.” He smiled warmly, shaking his head. “Hopefully, you can rest.”

He looked over in alter, worried about the kids. He nodded, helping his friend to go and help. “Rider, no worries, we'll help...” He hated to think what those kids thought, waking to find them, or studying and suddenly being frightened. And he was worried, Aidan was being much slower than normal....it was worrying.

He watched them quietly, telling the students it would be all right, they could continue to study, the ghosts would leave. At Aidan's sagging down, he startled, rushing forward to catch him.

“Aidan! What about Roz? Aidan, are you okay...?" He was...falling asleep...? In the middle of the hall!
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:27 am

Rider didn't seem to notice that the Headmaster was moving much more slowly than he normally would. The only thing that preoccupied his mind was his poor students who might be having a hard time sleeping. Seeing the ghosts partying nearly caused him to blow a gasket, but he reined his anger in and just crossed his arms, furious at how loud they were being, but also smug because they were finally leaving. He half-wondered if they truly thought he wouldn't go get the Headmaster at such a late hour and some secret part of him hoped that the ghosts went and partied in the Slytherin Common Room.

Following the other two out of the portrait hole, he smiled at the Headmaster. "Thank you so much, Sir. I-sir?" Holding out a hand and stepping forward, Rider breathed a sigh when Caius caught Aidan. "For being older than me, you certainly have faster reflexes than I do Caius." Going closer to the Headmaster, Rider snapped his fingers. "Sir, can you hear me?"

Looking over at Caius, he tilted his head. "Has he not been getting enough sleep or something? It seems like he's dead to the world and then some."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Turner Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 am

Try as he might, Aidan couldn't force his eyes back open. Or his body to move really. He probably shouldn't have allowed himself to relax earlier and then deal with a slightly taxing course of action. He felt himself fall into something, thankfully it felt human and not concrete, so his body slipped a little more deeper into sleep.

Cursing himself slightly for being so careless, Aidan tried to force himself awake. Only succeeding in falling asleep this time. Dreams filled his mind instantly.

"Lookin... quite... cuee... the...re," he mumbled in his sleep, trying to make sense of his own dreams and only really accomplishing making himself more dead weight than anything.
Aidan Turner
Aidan Turner
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:42 am

Caius huffed - he was awake because his shoulder ached, so this was hard...but it was alright, he had him.. "Aidan! Aidan...."

"Comes from the years of Auror work - reflexes have to be on par or you're easy to Stupefy....or worse," He smiled to Rider. He blinked. Did the Headmaster just.....say what he think he did? "Looking quite cute there"....

He chuckled, chalking it up to good dreams. Poor thing. "He hasn't been sleeping well at all, actually....we should get him comfortable." He shook his head, shifting to try to support him fully. "He's pushing himself too hard...can you help me get him up to my office? We can tuck him onto the couch."
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:46 am

"Sure, sure. I got him." Rider said, moving over next to Caius and grasping one of the Headmaster's arms. Taking half of the man's weight as he placed the man's arm behind his neck, he looked over at Caius with a strained smile. "The man is heavy, I'll give him that much. Dead weight isn't something to mess around with. But when he sleeps, he sleeps!"

He wondered why the Headmaster had passed out in the middle of the hallway like that though. He thought that the man was getting enough sleep, but was he wrong in that assumption? Shaking his head, he nodded in front of him. "Away we go then? Perhaps some Head Boys and Girls out patrolling will stumble upon us and find some humor in our predicament."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:54 am

“Thanks. My shoulder's acting up.” It helped a lot, and Caius carefully helped him make his way towards the Hufflepuff Head's office. “I know, he's dead on his feet...if you'd only listen, Aidan...”

He laughed softly. “Perhaps they will, or the portraits and ghosts will get a good chuckle out of it...” He could already hear whispers. “He was halfway to dreamland. I'll have to remind him of whatever he needed to do with a memo and Roz later...for now, let's get him up there.” He chuckled warmly as they walked slowly.
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Rider's head turned slightly to the right and left as he cast a glance at all the portraits that were whispering. If he had to be honest with himself, in such a darkened corridor, the whispers certainly sounded ominous, even though they were anything but. He was certain that Aidan would have quite the reputation when he got up in the morning, if he even did. The poor man looked like he could sleep for seven years or so.

Now that Rider thought back to it, wasn't the Headmaster and Caius having tea? "Ne, Caius? Did you perhaps drug the Headmaster into sleeping? I must have come in at the wrong time." Rider said, having a laugh. "I can understand how you'd be worried about him. To be honest, I think most of the professors are. Aidan is working the hardest out of all of us I think."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Caius shook his head, watching them quietly. He knew they were concerned, probably telling other portraits, passing the message.

“Hah, no, not at all. My tea is designed to clear the mind and help you relax. I swear to you, I didn't drug him. I may have considered it, but....” He grinned to show he was joking. That grin softened into a warm, worried smile as he glanced to the unconscious Headmaster. “Aidan's a stubborn person. I know he's stressed, but he has not only himself but us and a family to think about...I worry for him. He's my friend, and I don't want him to suffer like this.”
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Looking up at one of the portraits, the man inside it stuck his tongue out at Rider. Looking quite offended at such a gesture, Rider stuck his tongue out back at the man in the painting, which was unlike how he usually was. Shaking his head, he sighed. Must be more tired than I thought.

"I understand, and I wouldn't have blamed you if you had drugged him," Rider said with a laugh. "To be honest, I've considered knocking him out with a well timed punch, but you can imagine how that would go over once he had awoken. Relaxing tea is definitely better for him in that regard. I don't have much of a family. Just my parents and my younger sister who I visit as often as I can, but he's got nieces and nephews yeah? I think one of them is in your house, if I can remember it correctly."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Caius couldn't help but laugh at the exchange. He stuck his tongue back playfully at the portraits. “Be on your way, our Headmaster is exhausted – we shall be sure he rests.”

“I considered just a simple sleeping solution, but I decided against it. Though I think I will remember that, just in case....Tea is good. It's easy on the body, can have many different effects....I shall be brewing him this more often, if just for his health.” He nodded. “He told me tonight, his niece Roz is a new student. He says she's loyal and bright, so you'll probably see that in class too.” He smiled to him. “You ready for all this to really get started? I've got my plans, just got to go catch that boggart.”
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rider English Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 am

Some of the portraits whispered over to Rider, mentioning that they would pass along the message to any of those they found patrolling the corridors to not be alarmed if they came upon the sight of two Professors holding up their Headmaster. Rider nodded to them, finding solace in the silence before him as he pondered on how to answer Caius.

"So you were thinking of drugging him," Rider accused, laughing softly. "I knew I was right when I told some of the other Professors not to trust that charming smile of yours. At least you'll be giving him some tea to take. Merlin knows the Headmaster will need all the help he can get. Seems to think he has to take it all upon his own shoulders. Bah, I say. He can rely on the other Professors, in more ways than one." Rider alluded to their predicament as he chortled.

"If the students could see us now. They'd have quite the gossip to go around school. Oh, you're all done then? Yes, I think my lessons are all mapped out accordingly. I've gotten all the materials I need, so I should be good on that front. As for the homework part, well, I always value practicing the real thing over essays. I'm sure they'll appreciate that."
Rider English
Rider English
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thrussington Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:32 am

Caius laughed softly, warm and almost merry. “I have entertained the idea on a lark, but I would never do it. I just worry – if he doesn't sleep, he could sign something bad, or his magic could malfunction and hurt him. And now that I know he's got family he's trying to help out, well....I'll be bringing him more tea, that's for sure.

“You're right, Rider; he's got us.” He shook his head. “He's not particularly good at asking for help, it seems, but he has all of us, in more ways than one indeed.” He smiled warmly, gentle.

“Oh the rumors will happen. Some painting will jabber, and soon we will be the talk of the school. I am sure it shall be quite the interesting experience...oh, I think essays are necessary only a few times a year – just to be sure students pay attention. Practice and work is what will truly teach them.” He nodded in agreement. “Say, Rider, would you enjoy a battle with a Boggart? I need to transfer the one in the staff room, but that's a rather complicated job alone,” he chuckled.
Caius Thrussington
Caius Thrussington
Professor

Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down